Saturday, May 21, 2011

The Guz

The term's almost up...back to professor knitting!

So some background, the professor for whom I made "The Guz"'s last name rhymes with Goose.  Also, he has an iconic mustache.  Obviously the two need be combined.  Ta-da!! The Guz.

The Guz is a rather modified version of Mama Duck and Ducklings by Susan B. Anderson from Itty Bitty Toys.  Itty Bitty Toys happens to be one of the three, count 'em three knitting books I own.

I knit the mama-sized duck/goose.  I switched the color scheme, obviously.  I also embroidered a Guz-esque mustache above the beak once I attached it.  Rather than doing a kitchener stitch, I did an inside-out 3 needle bind off the close the body before starting the head.






Guz liked it!  He said it would sit in his office for many, many years.

No comments:

Post a Comment