Thursday, February 16, 2012

Horseshoe Cowl

I've finally gone through the last of my Giftmas yarn with this latest project, Horseshoe Lace Cowl by Sashka Macievich.  To my surprise, I already knit up this pattern in bamboo before (project page) but rest assured, wool is a much, much better choice. 

Knit with Cascade 220 Sport in 8992

This pattern is written for fingering yarn but I used sport weight.  I fell in love with this yarn at first sight; the color is a deep, interesting blue and it was super affordable.  The problem is that at 164 yards, there's not a whole lot of one-skein options.  I considered making some fingerless gloves but let's get real -- when I have a choice, I will almost always make a neck-thing.  

Mods:
I cast on 10 sts less for one less lace repeat
I did 5 lace repeats rather than the 8 the pattern recommended 

I used the whole skein.

The pattern really came out in blocking, and when I was knitting it I kept considering switching to stockinette because the lace wasn't showing up.  Patience, my knitting friends, patience is the key.

No comments:

Post a Comment